For this month; as we enjoy the beginnings of spring, why not celebrate it with some delicious cocktails and a way to make life just a little bit more alcoholic.
Our first cocktail is for all the alleged psychopaths that love gin based cocktails. Combining sweet strawberries, lemon and honey this cocktail is a perfect way to enjoy some of the last weekends of sun.
Serves 2 Prep 5 min
- 60mls or 2 shots of your favourite gin
- 2 cups of ice
- 6 fresh strawberries, halved
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp of lemon or lime juice
- 3 teaspoons of agave nectar or honey
- Blend the ice to a fine crush
- Mix together strawberries, mint, juice and honey in glass until it looks like a paste
- Add the shots of gin and stir
- Pack in crushed ice and stir to combine.
The next cocktail is for those of us that need to make our caffeine hit that bit more enjoyable, this expresso/baileys mixture is a delicious way to spend the night alone studying.
Serves 1 Prep 5 mins
- 2 shots (60 ml) of Baileys
- 1 shot (30 ml) of espresso
- 1 shot (30 ml) of your favourite vodka
- Chocolate sauce
- Ice Cubes
- 1 shot (30 ml) of Kahlua (optional)
- Pour some ice cubes into a cocktail shaker as well as the shots of Baileys
- Add the espresso shot, vodka, optional Kahlua and some chocolate sauce
- Shake until perfectly blended and then strain into glass to serve
We hope that these recipes inspire you to get a little creative with your cocktail making skills, and please if you make these cocktails take a snap and tag us so we can congratulate you on your alcoholic achievements!